Inspirations and passion for what I love: Vidcon 2018 post thoughts



June 23rd, 2018


    I know I haven't been posting a lot on my personal life and what's going, but I will now start to make a comeback on what I have started. A lot has been going on since I last posted 2 months ago. It shocks me on how much can change in just a matter of a month!, but so much has been going on in my life both personal and also Software development.


   There were a couple of things happening so far personal wise such meeting the girl who is making an impact on my life, discussing the future with my parents and also mental health concerns going on in my quarter life crises. All of these things are pushing me to become the person who I am destined to be and what is to come for in the future. For now as long as I am holding on, and having faith with the people who care for me and are around me, I think I'll be ok.

  My career options and also future is the reason why my fellow lambdas read this. I have been focusing a lot on my software development skills but it is a passion I have been having since I was a grade schooler. I know what my passion is and I know what my heart wants, for my fellow Lambdas that wants to know what is going on in terms of job searching....it's a struggle and its still a struggle for me. I am not blaming the works of Lambda and saying that they don't have the content in order for me to succeed, as a matter of fact I am not blaming anyone not even myself!. I just attended vidcon this weekend and as of now I am writing this from vidcon. Vidcon has taught me more than just video content and vlogging, its retaught me the passion for what I love to do and that it's more than just the satisfaction of money/having the title of a position you desire.

  A lot of my favorite vloggers here in the convention started off with small amounts of number producing videos. They didnt make videos just to make thousands of dollars and the chances of getting sponsorships, they did it because they had a burning passion for videos. Ever since I graduated from Lambda School, my initial goal in mind is to get hired, and thats still my goal, but since then from my graduation, I had no focus on what I loved why I loved to do it in the first place.

  Seeing these vloggers, post up videos without the thought that they would get millions views from just one video but because they just love making videos!. Theres so much diversity here in vidcon more than a tech conference, I might even be able to say that there is more passion for what they love to do than a tech conference. I have been inspired to the fullest, and its been such an amazing weekend here.

  Its inspired me to try new and different things surrounding software development. It has sparked a new flame for what I love to do. There have been a lot of turn downs in my job search but its surprised me to one event alone has reminded me of what I have a passion for.


-Eric Blancas

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Grind is real

progress progress progress

The top of the mountain